Here we are – the beginning of 2021 ! You have been waiting to make decisions and commitments until the holidays are over. Now what?
If you are thinking of moving – up, down, around, or away – here are a few tips to help you structure your activities:
- Decided whether you want to sell or keep your current real estate. Either way, consult a competent real estate broker. The possibilities are endless and your investment and risk are huge. Be selfish and work with the best (that would be us – read our website and see for yourself).
- If you plan to sell, list long before you want to go on the market. That way pre-marketing excitement can bring the best buyer.
- Go through all the nooks and crannies of your home (that includes closest that you often use). Start with all off-season belongings first. Decide whether you will keep, toss, or donate.
- If you have a home of 2000+ Square Feet, know that it will take you several weeks to complete the culling and packing.
- Be smart and not impulsive. There are many garments and things, that due to the current circumstances ,have remained unworn or unused. Do not throw away anything on a whim. It doesn’t matter if it makes you happy if you will need it later. You will buy it back for more money and of lesser quality. Keep your stuff. Your happiness will compound with lower bills. Be a good steward.
- Do not make capital investments in your current home unless it will be a coat of paint and some flooring. Keep it simple. Do not replace appliances with stainless steel.
- Chose a smart real estate agent who knows what sells and what brings in the most return for your investment. – Again, that would be us – not bragging, just the facts.
- In 2020, our listings sold for 105% of list price and our buyers paid 95.5% of list price. How is that? Ask us.
- We’ll be happy to show you how you can benefit from our 35 years of experience in all sorts of markets.