Five Reasons to List Your Property For Sale Now
“We plan to list in spring.”
Most people believe that selling their homes in spring (after March 21) is the best time. However, that is not real estate’s “spring” market.
Real Estate in no longer just regional, but national and even global. What happens in one area affects many others. Our properties in the Washington, D.C. Metro area are affected accordingly. Making decisions that affect one of your largest assets must be made with all of the best possible information. With this in mind, below are the five reasons to consider listing your property for sale now:
- We are not in last year’s market. There are no guarantees of unlimited buyers.
- The economy and corresponding interest rates are volatile.
- In our decades of professional experience, the BEST time to sell is January, February, and March.
- Buyers have been planning their moves before the holidays and purchase after the holidays.
- Because most people count on the later market, the serious buyers have already made their decisions and purchased; leaving the inventory of listings to increase while the pool of buyers declines.
An example is from the post-2007 recession market: a client was being relocated to another state. They had to sell their home. We recommended listing it in February. After completing their presale activities, we put the house on the market in February. The first three groups who toured the house made competitive offers. Our clients made their move according to their best plans. Several months later, their neighbors listed their house for sale. Their house remained on the market for considerably longer than our clients’ property; selling with a single offer for slightly below my clients’ price.
In volatile markets such as this, delays can be costly.
If you are planning to sell your property this year, please contact us today so that we can help you make your best plans. Call or text us at 703-624-8333.